Are you a technical Architect / Architectural Technologist who would like to join the dark side but wish to take your skills to the next level as a Design Coordinator / Manager within a contracting background?
We are looking for an experienced Design Coordinator/Manager to join our dynamic and successful Team in London. The successful candidate will be working on a project based in London.
Legendre UK is a Main Contractor and Property Developer based in central London. We rely on a diverse team of local experts who have been operating in London and the UK for more than 15 years, complemented by a strong in-house engineering hub to support our clients in optimising their schemes. Our approach is different: we bring the versatility and the agility of a SME combined with the financial strength and expertise of a large international group.
What you will be doing:
- Managing the information flow between the contractor and the consultant team to ensure the design information is to a suitable level of detail in order for the design to be enacted on site.
- You will work alongside the (Senior) Design Manager for the relevant scheme.
- You will be an integral part of the site team working to resolve issues relating to design / construction.
- You will be predominately site based.
- The role is focused on 2 complimentary levels. Pre-construction and construction stages.
- Participate to the tenders or negotiations where the design is developed as part of the process.
- Review and establish the tender information.
- Risks within the consultant design package.
- Review the design to ensure information is at the correct level.
- Review package to establish where design improvements can be made.
- Establish any impacts on the other aspects of the tender process.
- Input into the project risk review, form a design risk profile.
- Managing design risk and opportunities.
- Ensuring the design is complaint with Employers Requirements.
- Supporting the rest of the Legendre team with technical input.
- You will be a key member of the team working with the design team and sub-contractors to drive the design through to construction status.
- On a day-to-day basis, you will be working with production and commercial staff as a team to deliver an excellent service to our clients.
- Comment on all consultant & sub-contractors information issued via Viewpoint and issue with a status.
- Manage Viewpoint (online information database) to ensure a flow of information from consultants & sub-contractors.
- Assist the Design Manager
Profile and work environment
What we are looking for:
- Be a team player.
- Good technical knowledge and standards within the design process to construct a building. I.E. Building Regulation, warranty provider requirements etc.
- Good communication skills
- Ideally, you will have experience in a similar role with a main contractor or be a project lead at a design consultancy looking to move
What you will get:
- Competitive salary
- 30 days annual leave + bank holiday
- Private Medical Insurance
- Transport refund (up to £250 per month)
- Pension Scheme
- Working alongside inspiring colleagues
- Be part of a large Group with a start-up mindset
Le Groupe Legendre, acteur incontournable du bâtiment est présent sur le territoire national et international au travers de ses 3 métiers : Construction, Immobilier et Energie.
Avec plus de 2 100 collaborateurs et 630 millions d’euros de chiffre d’affaires, le Groupe Legendre connaît une croissance soutenue depuis sa création. Sa force est d’avoir su préserver, au fil de son développement, les qualités de proximité et d’indépendance d’un Groupe familial bâti sur des valeurs fortes et profondément ancrées dans ses gènes, partagées par chaque collaborateur : Partenaire durable, esprit d’entreprendre, humain, expert…