You will be responsible for the management and coordination of our project based in Jersey (Saint Helier) in respect of health, safety and environment by ensuring full compliance with the legal and employers standards.
You will report to the Project Director on site and will be in close contact with Health and Safety Manager in France.
Legendre Contractors is a main contractor and property developer based in Jersey. To find out more about the Horizon project, check out the official website: https://www.horizon.je/
Key duties associated with the role:
- Ensure the highest standards of health, safety and environmental management on the project.
- Liaise with external third-party management system certification bodies and maintain ongoing good relationship.
- Review current process and organisation. Identify gaps and propose improvements
- Support the project team in creating, updating and implementing the construction phase health and safety plan including all supporting document in relation to fire, traffic, OH etc.
- Support the project team in creating, updating and implementing the Project Environmental Management.
- Actively promote a strong health and safety culture.
- Prepare tender document relative to H&S.
- Promote Legendre UK and register the business with the necessary bodies.
- Review and monitor the supply chain adequacy.
- Supporting the project team by ensuring the supply chain provide the required information.
- Review and vet the Risk Assessment and Method Statement.
- Undertake routine monitoring of the workplace (inspections / audits).
- Lead and run the monthly project HSE meetings.
- Prepare and chair monthly SHE consultation meetings and regular supply chain briefings.
- Gather data and record H&S statistics.
- Ensure implementation of the best practices from the industry.
- Report any accidents or incidents involving Health and Safety or Environment.
- Develop and ensure the effective implementation of the business H&S improvement plan.
- Establish and maintain arrangements for the project to be kept up to date with changes in legislation and best practise.
- Demonstrate continued commitment to develop as a professional in the fields of H&S.
Profile and work environment
Essential and Desirable Criteria:
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Previous experience within the construction industry.
- In depth knowledge of the H&S regulation and CDM regulation
- Practical sense and hands on with good communication skills.
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail, produce accurate work and be methodical
- Confident in Pack Office (especially Word and Excel)
- Be innovative by identifying and implementing new ways to do things and achieve better ways of working
- Recognised H&S certification/accreditation
The role is based on site, in Saint Helier, the successful candidate will need to demonstrate a professional level of English. If the candidate is not based in Jersey, the accomodation and the business trips will be covered by the organisation.
You will get a personalized induction to support you in your first weeks.
Contract and length :
12 months Fixed-Term
Place of work:
English (2- Business fluent)
Le Groupe Legendre, acteur incontournable du bâtiment est présent sur le territoire national et international au travers de ses 3 métiers : Construction, Immobilier et Energie.
Avec plus de 2 100 collaborateurs et 630 millions d’euros de chiffre d’affaires, le Groupe Legendre connaît une croissance soutenue depuis sa création. Sa force est d’avoir su préserver, au fil de son développement, les qualités de proximité et d’indépendance d’un Groupe familial bâti sur des valeurs fortes et profondément ancrées dans ses gènes, partagées par chaque collaborateur : Partenaire durable, esprit d’entreprendre, humain, expert…